Sunday, July 10, 2011

BALLARD SEAFOOD FEST

Unkown to most people SEAFAIR is the name of an entire 6 weeks of summer events around the Seattle area. The culmination is the big "Seafair Day" of Hydroplane races and Blue Angel air show. One of my favorite events is the Ballard Seafood Fest. Not becuase I'm a fan of Vikings or anything but because I'm a fan of Seafood and handmade goods by local artisans.



This is the Halibut Taco with chiptole mayonnaise, mango lemonade and garlic fries I had. Not as good as the Bacon Wrapped Scallops I had last year but very good.


The weather was perfect, sunny but not too hot, ice cream cones - double scoop - only cost $3.00 and plenty of hot & fresh Kettle Korn in the vacinity. I hope some of you made it out to summer events this past weekend.

2 comments:

  1. We went to the West Seattle Summer Fest (brought to you by Verizon Wireless), and it was not as much fun as I hoped. Our calendar is marked for the Seafood Fest next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you T-bone. I stopped going to the West Seattle Summer Fest years ago when it became too commerical for me. Ballard Seafood Fest is smaller and still untainted by the cookie cutter booths at some of the other festivals plus it's all about the food!!

    ReplyDelete