Friday, July 8, 2011

WEEK 3 - THE SUMMER OF LORI

My Independence Day holiday was very traditional: grilling/cookouts, a day on the water with fishing, family all around, kids playing, secret popsicles, strawberry picking, warm sunny weather (I was in Deer Park, WA near Spokane so it was warm with blue skies), fireworks right there in town and of course, no summer holiday would be complete without mosquito bites.  Huge, red, ugly mosquito bites.

My niece and I painted our toenails and used those cool nail stickers I got at Sephora. 
Tess' Toenails



The current  big project is painting. Not toenails or fingernails. NO. Walls. You see, for most of the time that I've lived in my place the walls were mauve or sometimes called dusty rose. See this for an example of what dusty rose looks like. 

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Oil/Markal/Dusty-Rose/Dusty-Rose-xlg.jpg

A few years ago my place was painted white. It was a nice change although probably boring to someone who never lived inside dusty rose walls. So now I'm going to paint a few accent walls. 

Hallway - Before


The hallway will be a nice cheery yellow just a bit darker than the color of real butter.  So far it's been a total disaster.  I've been to the store 3 times; always dressed in ugly painting clothes, splotches of paint all over me with steam coming out of my ears. I've done a lot painting in my time but for some reason this project is full of obstacles. I hope tomorrow brings a better experience. 

2 comments:

  1. What exactly is a secret popsicle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A secret popsicle is just a regular popsicle but you pretend it's a great big secret to your 6 year old nephew so he'll think you're really cool. That's my definition. :) LS

    ReplyDelete