Monday, June 27, 2011

THE BIG SEND OFF

My send off parties were a total blast.

First the Data Ops had a pizza party for me with Camille's famous brownies.  They decorated a small Christmas tree and underneath were a LOT of presents wrapped with Christmas paper. The walls were lined with Blue Angel decorations AND as a joke since staff are so obsessed with tissues;  had boxes of tissues in the middle of the tables as decorations. It was such creative decorating - I really loved the Christmas tree.  I made out like a bandit in terms of gifts too!

Then the company had a party for me with two huge cakes that were decorated with polka-dots and these cool ribbons made of fondant.   They gave me beautiful flowers and this cool Blue Angel T-shirt that everyone got to sign with cloth-writing-pens.  Totally unique and very cool. And a very generous cash gift.


I felt so cared for by everyone. Some of the stats from FHCRC came all the way to CRAB to say good-bye. People who are shy, hugged me and stood around for a long time talking to me.  Some of the stats from FHCRC who couldn't make it emailed me to say their good-byes and wish me well.  It was a great feeling. Making this decision has been difficult and bittersweet. I know it's the right decision but that hasn't made it any easier.  Of course, I will still see all of my friends but there is something that fuels me by going into the office and seeing everyone, chatting, just being around people.  I will miss that for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! My first time reading a blog and I am impressed. What is truly awesome is how much you were appreciated and liked at work and how your coworkers expressed that so strongly. I honor that you have chosen to follow your heart, resign and go on a Schumacher journey... guess some of that is genetic ( we are in Blackfoot Idaho on our way to Laverne, Alberta and my 30th sun dance... enjoy those slurpees! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete