Sunday, March 25, 2012

HAPPY SLICE

We all love food. Good food. And although we may disagree on what constitutes good food, most of us enjoy pictures of food. I have always liked cooking and baking but now that I have a bit more time on my hands and I'm well rested, I have done more than ever. Want to see some pictures?

Here are some of the successes.

This was my first attempt at homemade cheesecake complete with the spring form collar and all. It was delicious. I gave some away to friends and I froze some. I'm always experimenting with freezing things. It still tasted good a few weeks later. This recipe came from my Ghiradelli Chocolate Cookbook.



Also from my Ghiradelli Chocolate Cookbook, simple but well loved Chocolate Chip cookies. These were for eating now.


I froze these for baking later. Smart eh?


An attempt to recreate a salad I had in the south of France. Shrimp salad.


Egg, Bacon and Blue Cheese sandwich from my favorite cooking website: www.smittenkitchen.com. It sounds a bit strange doesn't it? The lettuce was tossed lightly with a bit of balsamic vinegar, warm bacon and blue cheese. Then you put the fried egg on top. It was delicious.




One evening I decided to take one of my favorite snacks, mashed avocado with salt & pepper on an english muffin, to a new level. But what to add? What would take this over the top and turn up the volume? The answer is obvious - BACON. I added bacon and a bit of blue cheese. Ambrosia.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I want to order about a dozen, or should that be a baker's dozen of those Egg McLori's.... Yum yum yum so good in the tum tum! I take exception, however, to the statement that .... "I froze theses for baking later. Smart eh?". First, you sound just a wee bit Canadian eh? More importantly is the simple fact that frozen cookie dough balls are beat eaten right out of the fridge... perhaps a few minutes to warm up but why waste time cooking? Thanks for the info... The Leprechaun Baker.

    ReplyDelete