Sunday, March 25, 2012

HAPPY SLICE - The Hockey Puck

I love getting my tax return. It feels like free money although it most definintely is not. Sort of like a gift from a stingy relative or a lottery winning. Even when it's not a huge amount but just enough to do something, I get excited. My plans for the money vary widely. Sometimes I save, sometimes I spend, sometimes a little bit of both. This time I decided to save most of it since I'm not currently employed and to spend just a little bit.

This is my new toy. Isn't it grand?


My first project was a cookie recipe called "The Ultimate Ginger Cookie". From the beginning things didn't go too well. Chopping up the dried ginger took forever. Boring. Then the dry to wet ingredients ratio was way off. Way off. And it said I was to cream the oil with the sugar for 5 minutes which seems way too long. They were hockey pucks. Actually they aspired to be hockey pucks. The dough was so dry and crumbly it took a lot of elbow grease to get them into the hockey puck format. It was a disappointment frankly. But I am not discouraged. No, not me. Stay tuned for my next installment.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Hockey pucks is it then? Did it take you three periods to get there... no sport has three periods I'd say. Maybe you could ship some down here I can use them to toss at the javalina. Maybe the elbow grease could be added prior to baking to alter the dry/wet ratio... sure your Dad is a world class baker huh... no way LJ keep on baking!

    ReplyDelete