Sunday, March 25, 2012

PLENTY OF PROJECTS

When people ask me what I'm doing with my time these days my reply is "working on projects". And they smile and nod with a quizzical look on their faces as if to say "I like her but I don't really know what she's talking about and I'm afraid to ask her anymore questions".

You know all those things on your "To Do List" that you can't ever get to during the work week and then when the weekend comes around you still don't get to it either? Well, those are type of things I'm talking about. Maybe you're too tired, or resentful that you might have to spend your weekend doing something other than having fun. At least that's how I always felt.

This infamous "To Do List" hanging over my head is chock-a-block full of things that are not the least bit glamorous or even very interesting but things we all need to do sometimes. Such as cleaning out the closet, reorganizing a storage space, pulling out those moving boxes you set aside years ago when you moved into your current place but never did get around to unpacking, sorting through your files or maybe, um, scanning them so that they are no longer paper files but digital. Are you nodding in agreement? Is your brow all furrowed up in confusion? Okay, maybe it's just me. I do realize that I spend WAY too much time trying to figure out new ways to reconfigure my cupboards, closets, living room furniture to make things more appealing or give myself more space.

So does that answer your question about what I've been doing with my time? No? Okay Nosey Nelly, here's a list for you to ponder or make fun.

  • New paper for inside kitchen cupboards
  • Sharpen all knives
  • Reorganize cupboards
  • Install a shelf in pantry
  • Reorganize pantry contents
  • Clean out under bed storage
  • Clean closet and reorganize contents
  • Scan all paper files
  • Paint living room and complete redecoration project
  • Install tea cup and saucer displays
  • Paint hallway and hang pictures
  • Paint kitchen
  • Clean out and eliminate unused items from storage locker
  • Create Earthquake kits and emergency plans
This is a summary, a short subset, of my entire list. I only have a few things left to complete and boy am I excited. What's on your "To Do List"?

No comments:

Post a Comment