Sunday, August 14, 2011

WEEK 6 - SUMMER OF LORI

SUMMER PLANS THAT SEEM EASIER THAN THEY REALLY ARE

Jennie B and I decided to go out on Greenlake on one of those peddle-boats. It was my idea and I was full of summer excitement and a bit naive really. I thought that we would peddle out to the middle of the lake, no problem, and spend several hours just drifting and eating lunch. Boy, was I wrong. WAY wrong. Those boats are hard as heck to peddle. Especially when the wind is blowing directly in your path and creates a current that works against you. As I complained, whined and whimpered in pain, Jennie patiently and free of pain and exhaustion peddled and tried to distract me by telling me funny stories. I lasted exactly 42 minutes with about 8 "breaks" from peddling.  So much for my big ideas! However, it was fun anyway and we spent the rest of the day sitting in the sun, eating a picnic lunch and people watching.  All in all, it was a fun Seattle summer day.


THE SURPRISE OF BEING ORGANIZED

So, remember that I told you about those 3 paintings and how the pre-made frame size had been discontinued about 1 year ago?  Well, during a big clean up of my closets I found the frames, exactly the size I need, that I purchased a little over 1 year ago. Now, this project is finally completed.



EUROPE HERE I COME!

Well, I bought my ticket for a 7 week trip through Europe. I leave on September 18 and return early November.  My meeting with a Rick Steves travel planner was well worth the $50. They really helped me iron out a few details and pre-purchase rail passes, etc.

With the generous gift from CRAB I shopped at Rick Steves' store and purchased a few guide books, a cool travel bag, a new toiletry bag and a few other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment