Sunday, August 14, 2011

WEEK 8 - SUMMER OF LORI

FUN SUMMER ACTIVITES

Hey, when was the last time you went to the Zoo?  I went to the WoodlandPark Zoo a week ago or so with my pal, Tamora.  We saw and heard many wonderous things including Tapir (never heard of that animal before), Hippos that needed to keep cool in the pond, cool birds saved from death (a near blind Hawk and a lame but still flying Paraquin Falcon.



The Anacortes Arts & Crafts fair is well worth the drive, believe me. If the food booths don't have enough of a selection for you check out the restaurants, grills and bakeries right along the path of the fair.  This iron worker makes birds and other flying things of all types.  Check out this Dragon.

Ice Cream, Ice Cream, we all scream for Ice Cream.  I've had more than my share of ice cream this summer.  But don't despair, I've balanced that out with at least 2 walks of 5 or more miles per week. That specifically includes walks with hills.  Gotta get in shape for Europe: a lot of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment